Tuesday 19 June 2018

Statement of Intent/New



Statement of Intent 
Brief Chosen
Magazine and online - The task of producing the front cover and one contents page for each of the first two editions of a new fashion magazine that is being launched by Bauer and the working website for the magazine.

Magazine

For the magazines front/contents page. I will use media language to create a modern and sophisticated brand that will appeal to my class 16-25 AB demographic. This will include a modern day context and bring a class of high class fashion to the magazine which will appeal to my client Bauer media group. Because the 16-25 demographic uses the internet and social networks more than other people in different age brackers , so I will have a use of social media on the website with a use of Instagram and YouTube. To help the magazine become a best selling magazine, I will use a variety of light colours in summer pallet which will give a spring/summer feel to the magazine on both the front covers and the contents pages to give a new and upmarket look to the magazine. The main cover images that I’m using on my magazine will be placed in the centre of the front cover of my magazine featuring a male and female model gain a wide audience reach which is unusual for a fashion magazine, but the magazine will still have a luxury outstanding look to it. The representations that I will have in my magazine is the female model will have diifferent types of clothes and stands out from the crowd and the other smartly dressed male which gives the magazine a premium feel which is a long established look on male fashion magazines and has been designed to meet the brief that is set of a AB audience which is a more upmarket class and covers a more wealthy and upmarket audience. The cover lines that I will use on the front of the magazine will be related to fashion and beauty to give the message that the magazine is more consumer friendly and gives the appropriate message to the audience that I’m targeting my audience towards the intention that I’m trying to create with my magazine. The intention that I’m trying to create with my magazine which will convey the message of people empowerment from the magazine that I’m creating and I will make sure that I’ll cover the stereotype of that is people aren’t fashionable they aren’t beautiful. The layout of the magazine will be quite clean and simple model font model for the magazine while I'm still making sure that my magazine still has all the required items that are requested by OCR in order to achieve the highest possible grade for this piece of coursework. An example of a featured article in the magazine would focus on the top fashion trends of the year such as what are the latest lines in fashion which both Grazia and Now magazine both use as the main part of the magazine.

Website

For the website of my magazine, I need to make sure that I use the codes of media language, which will include the title and the logo of my magazine, which will entise my audience of an AB demographic, which are a high class audience and have a high proportion of people with quite high paying jobs and . The website that I’m creating will have a variety of links that I would use in order to interest my target audience which is likely to have more of a upmarket nature to them, the website will also have a variety of connections to social media accounts in order to connect with the reader of the website in order to appeal to my younger audience which is more likely to be more familiar with the internet. This would give the opportunity to allow for the magazine to boost its social audience and boost its online presence. Instead of just relying as on the print format as a source of income for the magazine to become successful.

The other main objective for the website of the magazine is to provide the readers of the magazine ideas with the latest fashion trends that are new and upcoming. This could help to further interest the readers of the magazine and also bring people to purchase the magazine who wasn't previously seen the magazine or thinking of purchasing the magazine. I also hope with the website to have fashion reports that are likely to be changed quite quickly in order to try to keep up to date with them in order to have the latest social issues in society. For my website I will have articles debating what current celebrities are wearing and how does it med the current fashion model in today’s society. If my magazine was a real fashion magazine the news feed would keep constantly updating to be able to keep up with people’s interests and an ever constant flow of fashion news and updates for the people to be able to read.

I also have make sure that the photographs that I use on the website are visually engaging to the audience and they attract the audience to the website. The photos need to be visually stunning to sustain the audience to keep looking at the website to be interested. With the main image on my website, it will aim to be changed every so often in order to keep people constantly interested and impressed with them. This helps to bring the sense that the magazine is one of the first places that you would see fashion become different and changes for them. The design of the website would aim to have a sophisticated design in order to try to give a serious look to the website, in the website I will use a variety of colours mainly in a black and white colour scheme in order to give the serious look to the magazine. These colours that I’m using my magazine uses of black, white and grey would also give the magazine a vintage look because a pastel colour pallet combined with the use of greys and blacks would perceive the magazine as long-lasting and has been through the different eras of fashion which in relation to the brief that I have been set by OCR which states that it needs to appeal to AB audience which is quite a high class audience in comparison to other demographics such as such as catogory C workers which are working class and the catagory D/E workers which are lower class and are likely to consist of shop workers and unemployed people which would have different tastes and intrests depending on the the class and social group that person is located in. This cabn change and people in other social groups which would be able to have tastes from other media products which would otherwise be suited to a different target audience group. 

I will bring my magazine and website together will the use of high quality photography because it show to the people of the website that the agazine has the aim of a premium audience which i will need to target because of the requirement of the AB demographic which was requested by OCR. The website will be a extention of the magazine through different news in the fashion world in order to intrest the reader. I will also have a good use of photography on the website with the use of Long shots of nature and close up shots of the clothing in order to express different backgrounds and scenes through both of the media products. The unique selling point of the website will be the photography and the use of news stories that would appeal to the large readership of the magazine. This will be useful to the Bauer Media Group who would be publishing the magazine because they would be able to grow the use of their social media platforms and they would be able cross reference to other products that are published by the group in order to grow the platforms and accounts across the group in general. This would help other magazines that are published by Bauer to intrest people to the other media products that they offer towards the readers. This means

No comments:

Post a Comment